Whenever we feel hungry, we eat something or something, to fill the stomach and people eat whatever they get at that moment and does not think is the food is good for the heath or not But we have to choose a verity of food which includes proteins, vitamins and other healthy micro nutrients which nourish the body. Today we will also add other minerals know as Fiber which is also essential for human and it works in many ways.
As we know fiber is very indispensable for proper digestion regularity, weight management, blood sugar regulation, cholesterol maintenance and if people will not add this into their food, it will lead to a lot of difficulties, such as the loss of acne, seizure, blood cholesterol, increase the amount of Sugar. People who are taking a good amount of fiber in their diet they should increase the intake of water.
How much Fiber is need to take?
- Intake of fiber should be according to the age.
- Children and adults can take at least 20 to 30 grams of fiber per day.
- The Men whose age are 50 can take 38 grams of fiber per day for good health
- Above 50 and older men needs to take 30 grams of fiber per day for good health
- Younger people can consume 38 grams of fiber per day for good health
- The Woman whose age are 50 needs to take 25 grams of fiber per day for good health
- Americans do not consumer more fiber, they only get 15 grams of fiber per day.
What is Dietary fiber!!
Dietary Fiber is also an Essential for a healthy diet which human body needs per day for good health. Dietary Fiber is also known as roughage or bulk which is a plant- based nutrient. It’s not like other carbs but it is a type of carbohydrates.
Dietary fiber does not break down into digestible sugar molecules like other food components such as fats, proteins or carbohydrates. However, it passes relatively intact through your stomach, small intestine and colon and out of your body.
Where dietary fiber is found?
Dietary fiber is easily available in Fruits, vegetables, all legumes and in whole grains which is help to prevent or relieve constipation.
All food consume fiber which is a good source of energy and also good for maintain a healthy life style which is very necessary in present scenario. It has available to maintain healthy weight and lowering your risk of diabetes, heart disease and some types of cancer.
Two forms of Fiber: Essential for health
Soluble fiber: Soluble fiber means it dissolves in water to form a gel- like material which can help to lower the blood cholesterol and glucose levels. This type of fiber mainly found in oatmeal, nuts, beans, apples, all in citrus fruits such as orange, lemon, lentils, blueberries, carrots, barley and psyllium.
Insoluble Fiber: it does not dissolve in water and helps in movement of material through your digestive system and enhance stool bulk.it is also fight with constipation problem or irregular stools. Good source of insoluble fiber is wheat, green vegetables which include cauliflower, green beans, potatoes, nuts, brown rice, legumes, carrots, cucumbers and tomatoes.
How you can enhance the intake of Fiber!!
- Need to eat more fruits instead of drinking fruits juices
- Eat brown rice, brown bread and whole grain products instead of white rice and white bread.
- Add cereal and whole grain in your breakfast.
- Replace chips, chocolate and other junk food with Boil or raw vegetables as a snack.
- Substitute beans or legumes for meat two to three times per week in chili and soups.
Live a long life by having the good and energetic food source