Every bite you take is either fighting a disease or feeding it. Choose what you want your food to do for you or you can ask a 90’s kid what Spinach is! Popularized by the famous cartoon show “Popeye – the Sailor Man”, spinach is a green, leafy vegetable with a high nutritional value. Scientifically known as Spinacia Oleracea, spianch belongs to the amaranth family and is related to beetroots and quinoa.
Welcome the new things in yor life, will add the exotic color in your life”
How can you used Spinch in your daily life ?
- You can have it raw in salads, steamed, blended in a soup or sautéed with other veggies.
- It is a very versatile ingredient that can be used in diffrent ways.
- Spinach is rich in vitamins A, C and K, magnesium, iron and manganese.
- This green veggie is benefit eye health, reduce oxidative stress and reduce blood pressure levels.
- Make habit to add in your diet because spinach is also rich in protein.
May be You have not yet try the spinach but these five amazing benefits will convince you to add it to your daily diet.
1. Strengthens your bones
- Spinach is a rich source of Vitamin K helps in promoting the production of a protein called Osteocalc in that is responsible for stabilizing calcium in the bones.
- Spinach rich in vitamin K,also a great source of calcium and vitamin D, dietary fibre, potassium, magnesium and vitamin C, that are good for bone health.
2. Strengthens your eyesight and immune system
- Spinach contains beta carotene, zeaxanthin, lutein and chlorophyll which are responsible for improving your eyesight and boosting immune system.
- Lutein and zeaxanthin are stored in the macula, which is a part of the retina which acts as a natural sunblock, shielding your eye from damaging light.
- This will also help lower the risk of macular degeneration; which is why most people are advised to eat more and more greens.
3. Repels bacteria and viruses
- Spinach is high in vitamin A which helps our skin and mucous membranes to repel various kinds of bacteria and viruses effectively.
- Moreover, this vitamin is necessary for sebum production to keep hair moisturised.
- Vitamin A is good for the growth of all bodily tissues, including skin and hair. So load up on more greens to reduce the risk of hair loss and infections.
4. Promotes heart health
- Vitamin C in spinach which prevent wrinkles and protect from eye diseases, prenatal health problems and cardiovascular diseases.
- It is also the presence of lutein content that prevents thickening of walls of arteries, thus reducing the risk of heart attacks.
- It contains nitrite ,helps in preventing the occurrence of heart attack but also cures the heart diseases associated with fat deposition.
5. Keeps you energised
- Spinach provides you the required levels of magnesium in body which helps you to generate energy for day to day.
- Spinach is also a great source of folate, a nutrient that helps body turn food into usable energy.
- Moreover, making body more alkalised can help keep energised through the day and spinach is one veggie that is alkaline in nature.
The best way to live in this world, that is happiness”